Our commitment to Early Help at Greatfield Park is central to our work in safeguarding children and ensuring the best outcomes for all.
All children receive what we call ‘Universal Services’, however some children will need extra support in order to be healthy, safe and achieve their potential.
We believe that Early Help is about focussing on how we can help people to do things for themselves and build on strengths within families. If we can get this right early on, at the right time, we get the opportunity to help people with areas of their life they may be struggling with, which sets people up for a better long-term future.
The help we offer is delivered by a wide range of professionals including:
- Our SENDCo in school, Mrs Gail Bateman
- Advisory Teaching Service (ATS)
- Education Psychology Service
- Early Help Coordinator (EHCO)
- Community Social Workers
- Family Support Workers (FSWs)
- Parenting Courses
- Play workers
- Gloucestershire Families First Plus Team
- Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Gloucestershire Young Carers
- Local Community Police Officer
You can read more about Gloucestershire County Council’s Early Help advice, guidance and support and get a link to the Family Information Service (FIS) here:
All of the above aspects are covered in the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and SEND Policy. They are available on the School Policies page on our school website or on request from the school office.