How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child's learning in school?
If your child is then identified as not making progress the school will set up am meeting to discuss this with you in more detail and to:
- Listen to any concerns you may have too
- Plan any additional support your child may receive
- Discuss with you any referrals to outside professionals to support your child’s learning
Schools and other agencies can help most children overcome their difficulties quickly and easily. But a few children will need extra help for some or all of their time in school.
This means they may have difficulty with:
- Some or all of the work in school
- Reading, writing or maths
- Understanding information
- Expressing themselves
- Understanding others
- Organising themselves
- Sensory perception or physical mobility
- Managing their behaviour
- Making friends or relating to adults